You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Beyond Orange. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Roman

Silver Member

(212)

• "Roman" started this thread

Reputation modifier: 5

Level: 33 [?]

Experience: 523,575

Next Level: 555,345

Sunday, November 13th 2011, 3:04am

Millennium World Peace Summit #5

Photo ops. Of course. That was what it was all about. I still remember how just making a picture became a very complicated endeavor. In the older days it wasn't such a big deal. SwAmi would just make sure that his hair was combed and that was it. But later on it became whole production, especially when important people or important events were around. Some of you may remember when to everybody's surprise instead of yogic secrets revealing book we got the "20 Years of YIDL" brochure to read and sell. (wtf) :?: OK, let's try. And then more and more those brochures, they had to be updated frequently because he always got an opportunity meeting somebody important and that had to be in the new brochure. I myself got surprised once, when he decided that he wanted to make a photo of him and me. OK, I thought, let's take a picture. I think it was in Vancouver during one of many walks (remember those?) in the foothills of mountains park there. I was starring at the camera trying to look "natural" when he said: "No, wait a minute." And he pulled me towards a tree, picked one little tree branch with a blossom and was acting like he was explaining something to me about it (in silence). So called teaching moment. I was really puzzled and didn't know what to think about the whole thing but I went with it (You know, he needs to publicize his greatness everywhere, therefore we have to help him to promote all his work). I have to say that although everybody else was treasuring their individual photos with swAmi, I never did. I didn't keep any of them, they were somewhere in digital form just in case he would ask for them to use them for some PR stunt but otherwise they were there not for me. When I was leaving him it was really easy just to throw the computer disk out in garbage.

So we were taking pictures of everything while at the Peace Summit. One guy was there just for that reason. The media guy, all the time ready to take a pic or video. I had my digital camera with me too to back up everything important what was happening. Anything important was happening? Not really according my opinion but who am I? So we were taking pictures of him and his buddy swamis including the Master Killer, every part of UN building and its surroundings with swAmi in front of them, all that good stuff. The only problem was that he didn't have a picture of him being on a podium of the UN auditorium giving a speech. He was working hard the whole time that somehow we could be promoted to the status of the special guests, but Ant Sweeper ditched him. No way. So as the days were passing by and the week of the summit coming to the end, he was going really nuts. Thinking about it, complaining about it, ordering us to do SOMETHING about it. No success. And the last day had come. We went to the final ceremony in the main auditorium, listened, clapped and it was over. Or not? Wait a minute! Somebody organized some kind of Indian cultural program in one of the satellite auditoriums to say bye bye to all the Indian guests (most of them were not the special ones). So we went there. There was some dancing and all that stuff (f...cking absolutely boring, probably like Ted Turner's heaven nightmare) and then even that program had ended. Finito, that's it, everybody have a great way home - well, at least I thought. When all the performers left the stage, all of a sudden all unrecognized guests, our swAmi including, climbed up on the stage and started waving from the podium, competing for the best grip on set of mics to pretend like they were giving world peace saving speeches, congratulating each other, simply, making really festive atmosphere on the only podium with lights still on. Even Salvator Dali would have hard time to grasp the fine nuances of this absurdity. Unbelievable, except that I was in a middle of it, taking pics at swAmi's "order signs", even climbing on that stage to get some close ups - "Make sure that people can see the UN logo behind me". Sure master. (The only problem is that you are too fat and your body is covering the whole logo.) Eventually we got it. All this unrest brought attention of some official UN people to this forgotten stage. First they tried nicely to inform everybody that conference was over. No success. All crazy orange men were making their historical appearances for their brochures. Then they called the organizer, Mr. Ant Sweeper. He was also Indian by origin so he should know how to deal with it. He climbed up on the stage. At that time our swAmi was kind of managing the sequences who is at the mic and who is in front of the logo there, He is an opportunist and knows how to take advantage of the situation. He was at the mics when Ant Sweeper tried to tell him to get out of there. But swAmi somehow put his arm around his shoulders and gave me the "order look" and the picture was born. Ant Sweeper gave up and nervously smiled like an idiot. Then somebody turned off the lights and the show was over.

When we came back to the ashram in Virginia, people were all anxious to hear about what happened at the Summit. How our leader told everybody what to do about peace on this planet.
"Yes, i had many important meetings, I was one of the main speakers at the conference (we will show you all the pictures and videos) and it was a very important milestone for me as somebody who is working hard to promote the world peace."

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

KEE JAYA!!!

And me?
X( X( X( (no) (no) (no) :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Elisabeth

Bronze Member

(93)

Level: 29 [?]

Experience: 213,408

Next Level: 242,754

Sunday, November 13th 2011, 8:23am

The last few stories of yours had me in stitches a few times, even though it's more like a black comedy. But this new story just chipped away another layer of "Maybe SM is innocent", (re Sex allegations), that I still keep around me as a shield. I called him a liar when I created my website, but the evidence I had was very limited (I relied more on instinct), and not easily explained to other people, without risking having them call the doctor and take me to the funny farm. :crazy:
What you are telling us here about SM is that he actually committed fraud! Ask your lawyer customers, would be interesting to find out what they think. If there is no law against that, then there should be one!! - He actually went back to the disciples and lied about giving speeches, being a VIP there? No, until this new story of yours I still laughed about it. But not anymore. What gets me is how you and others played along with that s...t? At least you left after that, great, but how many others stayed regardless? Just mind boggling, it really is.
I volunteered only once, answered the phone, but the instruction manual said: if people call about upcoming seminars, say we are almost full and they better book now! That was already enough for me. I was disgusted that a spiritual organisation would use deceptive methods to get money.
I was always very cynical about his titles, rubbing shoulders with VIP, etc, but I didn't realize that the Sw played such an active role in all of this. I thought that maybe his fanatical followers, his closest disciples pushed for all these things. Looks like he was/is behind it all. He is the master controller. Wow. 8| :(

illusion

New User

(16)

Reputation modifier: 2

Level: 22 [?]

Experience: 47,427

Next Level: 49,025

Sunday, November 13th 2011, 1:06pm

Yes, it is really hard to believe the sex allegation statements if they seem to be coming out of nowhere. While swAmi and yidl seem perfect, those allegations don't fit in and people think they are purposely made up.
On the other hand, knowing about his other lies puts everything into the context and the whole picture becomes much more clear.
Personally, I knew about some smaller lies, the exaggerated statements in the brochures like the number of yidl centers, changing the LilaAmrit (in the first version Devpuriji was smoking hashish but it was taken out for the westerners version), exaggerating stories like the hospital, the drought relief, and other charitable work on the pictures of the brochures.
Although I left several years ago, it is even now helpful to hear first hand details and view things even more clearly. And of course, it is not just yidl, other guru organizations work pretty similar. So, Roman, thanks for sharing those stories.

illusion

New User

(16)

Sunday, November 13th 2011, 1:30pm

Roman mentioned that he has destroyed the disk with those pictures. I guess they may still exist somewhere on the net or on someone's disk. If anybody runs into one of those, it would be really interesting to take a look at it as a part of this tragi-comic documentary. Thanks.

Roman

Silver Member

(212)

Sunday, November 13th 2011, 1:52pm

They had much more materials from our media guy. That was his job there. They probably put it in some of their official publications. Some people here may remember where it may be. I don't know. This was just a beginning of his UN engagements, he somehow succeeded later on in climbing up the ladder of importance bit more even there. I've heard that Ant Sweeper became his disciple or something like that later on. Just curious to know how much and/or what it had cost him.

falseswamiji

Silver Member

(304)

Reputation modifier: 8

Experience: 462,231

Sunday, November 13th 2011, 4:37pm

"His Holiness swAmi directed this message at the participants of Millennium World Peace Summit of religious and spiritual leaders at UN Headquarter in New York in 2000. It presents the core of an extremely dedicated life mission of one of the most respected and appreciated spiritual teachers and leading figures nowadays.
"

I have just found this statement at this LINK
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ANOTHER LINK:

I have also found his name down here, mentioned for some ''interview session on 31th , the last day of the summit. Roman, whas this that last day occasion that you mentioned? :

"THE MILLENNIUM WORLD PEACE SUMMIT INTERVIEW SCHEDULE :

Thursday, August 31
10:30 AM
• His Holiness swAmi: His Holiness is the author of The Scientific System of YIDL and the Founder of the International old gUru Ashram Fellowship.
• Dr. Ananda W.P. Guruge: Member of the World Fellowship of Buddhists
• All Leaders of Religious Confessions of Russia and CIS
• Rev. John T. Pawulkowski, OSM, PHD
• Professor David Tacey, Australia
"

at http://www.millenniumpeacesummit.com/news000825c.html" wcf_href="http://www.millenniumpeacesummit.com/news000825c.html" >http://www.millenniumpeacesummit.com/news000825c.html

Roman please explain this link and this schedule...

[edited for names by admin]

illusion

New User

(16)

Sunday, November 13th 2011, 8:53pm

Hey, the first link is from xxx-in-daily-life.hr So yeah, sure, that is exactly what he said ??? :?:
Could be he never said it, or could be at the last "event" when they got up the stage without invitation.
The second link is about an interview schedule in a "News" room. So, was he interviewed by the press, together with other many guests there? Maybe he made the above statement on that occasion?
Perhaps Roman will be able to explain. In any case, comes to the same point.
BTW, I remember sw HH saying a few scarce words (in private, to a small group) about the Millenium Conference and how embarassing it was some time in the year 2001 if I remember correctly, just before he ran off to New Zealand.

Roman

Silver Member

(212)

Sunday, November 13th 2011, 9:44pm

Sorry for responding so late, but I have to work even on Sundays, you know, America :D

The first link, as I can see is to his own rent a crowd peace conference somewhere, it is not at the UN and it is in Croatia in 2005. And he uses mentioning of non-existing speech there as his credentials. Believe me, he never gave an official speech at the summit on the podium addressed to all.
The second link is a schedule for the tv interviews of all participants. Remember, it was bankrolled by Ted Turner and he was the CEO of Time Warner at the time. Of course he wanted to have documentation there. That official TV interview was very time limited (just read the schedule) and also, the interviewer wasn't interested much in buls...t, was asking questions not provided by swAmi. He really didn't like that they won't let him speak as he wanted. But eventually there were some other people there, two ladies from California having their camera and working on their project for some "spiritual TV" or who knows what. Certain memories of that will come in the next and also the last part of the "Millennium Summit series". When? Hard to say, because I have been really busy with all kinds of related and unrelated things. I will try sometimes within a week.

falseswamiji

Silver Member

(304)

Reputation modifier: 8

Experience: 462,231

Monday, November 14th 2011, 11:39am

5 in an hour - he had 12 minutes for that tv interview. however we have to admit he had opportunity to be one of the 100 that gave those interviews.
so technically he did speak but certainly was not among the speakers at the conference itself.

ily

New User

(11)

Reputation modifier: 1

Level: 21 [?]

Experience: 30,175

Next Level: 38,246

Monday, November 14th 2011, 6:57pm

"His Holiness swAmi directed this message at the participants of Millennium World Peace Summit of religious and spiritual leaders at UN Headquarter in New York in 2000. It presents the core of an extremely dedicated life mission of one of the most respected and appreciated spiritual teachers and leading figures nowadays.
"

I have just found this statement at this LINK
-
As I understand and unserstood it that time he directed this message according to how it is written there but on leaflet in some brochure or sth...I understood like this that time.

Roman

Silver Member

(212)

Monday, November 14th 2011, 10:39pm

I think the awkwardness of their statement was on purpose, because there not that much to say about it. The tv interview is not delivering message to participants. That was part of the news for public. I am not even sure if it aired with him. Could have just picked some of the participants or show just few secs/mins of swAmi. It doesn't matter anyway, it was bogus. :fool;