You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Beyond Orange. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Roman

Silver Member

(212)

• "Roman" started this thread

Reputation modifier: 5

Level: 33 [?]

Experience: 523,575

Next Level: 555,345

Tuesday, March 27th 2012, 12:15am

Ashram For Sale

Just in case somebody is looking for and ashram, there is one for sale in Sydney, Australia. What I've heard is that the Annandale ashram is on the market for about two million dollars (Australian, of course). Follow the money of non-profit organizations when there is some profit.

mah

New User

(39)

Reputation modifier: 1

Level: 25 [?]

Experience: 82,101

Next Level: 100,000

Tuesday, March 27th 2012, 5:30am

Ah

There goes all that hard work. Probably be knocked down by developers.

The teachers who left because of the problems with accusation of abuse and other organisational troubles are still in the area and would really make that Yoga School work for the community as it was originally intended.

It will be sad for me and i imagine others who were involved in the original purchase, renovation and running of the school. Sad for the community that the school served. A lot of really good teachings happened there and it was an arc and a refuge from the Maya that has increasingly swallowed Sydney.

I know that my life will be harder for it being gone.

If the organisation in Australia want to know my thoughts on how to really make something right out of this big mess you have my contact.

mah

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "mah" (Mar 27th 2012, 9:36am)

Level: 23 [?]

Experience: 49,903

Next Level: 62,494

Tuesday, March 27th 2012, 10:33am

New Prag ashram (bought few years ago and repaired), which was not oppened yet, was by my info sold too, but prague yidl officials are silent about it..........

Skywalker

New User

(10)

Level: 11 [?]

Experience: 2,023

Next Level: 2,074

Tuesday, March 27th 2012, 11:14am

hmm, has somebody infos about the other ashrams in Croatia, Slovenia, Budapest, Vienna, Strilky, Hamburg? Can they continue to pay their bills or are they moving to the border of financial problems......big SALE?

Thank_You

Bronze Member

(192)

Reputation modifier: 7

Level: 26 [?]

Experience: 120,683

Next Level: 125,609

Tuesday, March 27th 2012, 11:55am

Tony

Silver Member

(249)

Reputation modifier: 6

Level: 34 [?]

Experience: 611,367

Next Level: 677,567

Tuesday, March 27th 2012, 2:22pm

That is not for sale. It is "for auction". It may mean something different in Australia, but in the US or Canada this is usually a property foreclosed by the mortgage lender...

Perhaps they are really behind in payments.

Thank_You

Bronze Member

(192)

Reputation modifier: 7

Level: 26 [?]

Experience: 120,683

Next Level: 125,609

Tuesday, March 27th 2012, 2:51pm

Sale by auction here can just be a preference

falseswamiji

Silver Member

(304)

Reputation modifier: 8

Experience: 462,231

Tuesday, March 27th 2012, 9:36pm

sad, was this inevitable thing anyway or the sexual abuse scandal influence made this happen ?

I feel sad watching this beautiful space, I can feel the enthusiasm of people there , energy and love that somebody invested in this utopia, in this nice place for yoga and meditation and sastsangs...it is so sad , it hurts..
:(

Reputation modifier: 2

Level: 24 [?]

Experience: 62,531

Next Level: 79,247

Wednesday, March 28th 2012, 12:58am

yeah, it is sad @falseswamiji
The last year has been a time of loss and trauma, and grief. And I dare say even those that have stayed in yidl, they have felt this loss and sadness too.
Seeing this beautiful place for sale, and all the hardwork, idealism, time, money, and pure love that went in to it lost - It does hurt.

It could have been different if swAmi had admitted what he had done, stepped down, and also not involved cronies such as aSuriRam .
It was suggested to make it a generic yoga association, to save the 20 years of work, to make it open, transparent, accountable, but that was heresy. I must admit there was no campaign or trying to get the vote through, as we were too traumatised and burnt out and being abused by anonymous emails; Not one person called members to get them to vote against yidl, and for a generic yoga association. This is compared of course to the cult people, such as the sunshine coast centre manager, who called every member they could to get them to vote to not change to a generic association and telling those members its all a ChiChi conspiracy. Well, see how that has turned out for them now.

On a side note, for the people still in australian yidl, it was swAmi who put S**ram** in charge of "transition" and treasuer, yet he has been integral in the disintegration over the past year - so on top of everything else, how can you still trust swAmi??? it really is crazy, maybe a great example of "Cognitive Dissonance Theory". :bang:

After paying the banks, they may have a cool million left over. I am hoping that the relevant government bodies and auditors will make sure its not sent to India...

mah

New User

(39)

Level: 25 [?]

Experience: 82,101

Next Level: 100,000

Wednesday, March 28th 2012, 3:45am

yep ShivaShakti that suri sounds like a true neo-maxi-zoom-dwebi and you raise a good point. We all felt something was not right and should have done something a long time ago. i was always very careful with sunshine coast yoga teacher, she was a bit coarse and was always more interested in promoting her kinesiology bs and using yoga as a tool to do that.

i am just trying to find a decent yoga and meditation class and sadly there is not much about. its enough to make me wanna start a class up. I am gonna miss that building and the cool people it contained.

Reputation modifier: 2

Level: 24 [?]

Experience: 62,531

Next Level: 79,247

Wednesday, March 28th 2012, 4:16am

yep mah, there is lots that did not feel right..
but it was pushed down, and it was also part of the culture not to speak up.
oh well, lots of lessons learnt now in hindsight that i shall try and carry through my life from now on!

btw, a little concerned now, that when the ashram sale goes through, it means the association won't have debt overhead, which means the brisbane centre shall continue, with less stress at meeting bills. The manager there is known for her lying ways, eg. debt collectors called many times looking for her over the years, lying to her yoga teacher trainers about how accounts were set-up on gold coast. She will have more opportunity for taking money from association to fund her jaunts to be with swampy, and for very expensive completely ineffective ads in australian yoga magazines (not that i care about wasting money on that anymore, and the ads make yidl look even MORE like a cult! espcially since the whole yoga community is australia knows about the sex scandal).

It is concerning though, shes that type of girl that could form her own cult...and will fanatically continue swampy's mission in brisbane.. God help future yidl yoga students and teacher trainers...the small numbers they may get... ?(

Tony

Silver Member

(249)

Reputation modifier: 6

Level: 34 [?]

Experience: 611,367

Next Level: 677,567

Wednesday, March 28th 2012, 5:05am

Loosely related discussion from the Czech forum:

Šíša
While browsing the pictures from New Zealand, I was just wondering: how does the financing actually work? If the Lady of Strilky decides to visit New Zealand (or probably someone decides for her, not sure if these people are allowed to make any decisions), is it billable? Where does she submit her expense report? Don’t get me wrong, I have no problem with people travelling to New Zealand. I am just puzzled, is it a business trip? From what employer? The Living Light Foundation? The Czech YIDL? The Fellowship? If that is the case, who approves such a trip? Does it qualify as tax-deductible expense, because the trip is necessary for proper functioning of one of these a non-profit organizations, for example she went there to raise money to pay the heating bill? I don’t know.

Could it be a charitable donation from someone? Definitely not from the guru, he is a swami, so for sure he’s got no possessions, so he can’t give anything. Or perhaps she pays it out of her own pocket? But again: how can Sadhvi afford to pay for it if she has given up all her possessions? I hope her admirers will not attack me, I am not envious, and have no objections, just sincerely curious about all the legalese, how it formally works.

Juckes
Regarding Sadhvi from Strilky… well, she has never given up her possessions, so morally, she is not really a sadhvi: she would routinely pay for stuff out of her own (inherited) pocket. That’s why she was possibly the only one among The Oranges with the privilege of not being sent anywhere by the guru’s whim, she remained in Strilky. Unfortunately, she was seriously lacking people skills, to the extent that young yoga enthusiasts would quickly escape (terrified by her mix of rigidity and autistic tendencies), but for many long years swAmi did not dare to interfere (well, she had her fat wallet…). But once she had messed up too much, and Strilky started going down the toilet, he intervened like Solomon and while allowing her to stay “for life”, all the executive power went to Prague (who have always generously subsidized and still subsidize Strilky using payments from Prague yoga students). So like a bizarre Western Sadhvi, she is free to globe-trot. Nothing immoral there, she has inherited all her dough, so she can travel till she is blue in the face, but to act like a detached renunciate while being backed by some serious cash…just weird…as šíša put it: YIDL is a catdog.

Roman

Silver Member

(212)

• "Roman" started this thread

Reputation modifier: 5

Experience: 523,575

Wednesday, March 28th 2012, 9:41pm

After paying the banks, they may have a cool million left over. I am hoping that the relevant government bodies and auditors will make sure its not sent to India...

I just hope that people there will make sure that those government bodies and auditors are notified to make sure that everything is done in correct and transparent way. At least I would.

eyesopen

New User

(56)

Level: 20 [?]

Experience: 24,293

Next Level: 29,658

Sunday, April 1st 2012, 8:57pm

If he had any decency at all, Swampy should give Annandale ashram back to the community, to those who gave everything to him in trust and belief of who he was for all those years. Simply put it would be the right thing to do. But he's so obviously looking after his own needs and somehow still getting people who have stayed to feel sorry for him! Has anyone seen his net worth lately?
He's desperate to have western people follow him to look after his bank account. It's interesting how he said a year ago on his desert trip, p.r. work, theatrical exercise, that they can have Annandale, that he would give the building away and it would be a thorn in their hearts! ....more lies and manipulation, why don't you try and stand by your words for once Swampy! So he's showen his true colours yet again. Unfortunately it's all about the money now! and there is NO spirituality at all where money comes first ahead of people!!

Level: 17 [?]

Experience: 10,788

Next Level: 13,278

Saturday, April 7th 2012, 9:07am

Announcement to yoga students - Annandale Ashram is closing on 5th May 2012

The most recent aayidl newsletter to students has announced the closure of the Annandale Ashram on May 5th.
Click here to view the official announcement.

Perhaps you will also enjoy this classic closing statement from Gurudev's Totalitarian Regime
"In the spirit of transformation
from the darkness of suffering
into the triumphant rebirth into Light,
we wish you a happy holiday
with family, friends and self."